Saturday, October 7, 2017

It’s Coming Back

"It’s coming back!!"

2 Kings 6:1-7
1 And the sons of the prophets said unto Elisha, Behold now, the place where we dwell with thee is too strait for us.
2 Let us go, we pray thee, unto Jordan, and take thence every man a beam, and let us make us a place there, where we may dwell. And he answered, Go ye.
3 And one said, Be content, I pray thee, and go with thy servants. And he answered, I will go.
4 So he went with them. And when they came to Jordan, they cut down wood.
5 But as one was felling a beam, the axe head fell into the water: and he cried, and said, Alas, master! for it was borrowed.
6 And the man of God said, Where fell it? And he shewed him the place. And he cut down a stick, and cast it in thither; and the iron did swim.
7 Therefore said he, Take it up to thee. And he put out his hand, and took it.



I don't know what it is that you have lost but God wants you to know you can get it back

"It’s coming back!!"

Who am I talking to tonight? I know you're here, (like that Young prophet in our text you’ve lost something valuable and necessary.
I want to prophesy to somebody tonight. (It's coming back.)
Somebody needs to prophesy to themselves it's coming back.
You may be in a similar situation to the young prophet in our text. You’ve lost something and from all the evidence it's gone.
You look but you can't see.
It is out of sight.

There's something you need to know:
just because you can't see something does not mean its not there.

(It may be lost from your sight, you may not be able to touch it, you may not be able to hear it or feel it. But that doesn't mean it's gone!)


Our scripture text brings to mind the prodigal son, (Like the axehead that fell into a Water hole) The prodigal son fell into a hole. (A pig pen) we don't know how long he was gone, but we do know how low he went. He went to the bottom, like this axe head did.
Then he came to himself.

The father couldn't see his son, like this axe head, he was out of sight, he was on his way home before his father could see him.
In an unseen place something happened. (He got up from the bottom of the pig pen and headed home.)

And I need to prophesy to some moms and dads who have prodigals that are living in the pig pen.
Don't quit praying, don't give up, something is happening, you can't see it, but something is happening. They may be at the bottom of the pit, as low as low can go. But something is happening right there.

This young prophet couldn't see it but down at the bottom of that water hole something miraculous was happening, an iron axe head was lifting up, it was getting up.
Just like the prodigal son, I will arise and go home.
And then the axe head started swimming, it started coming toward an expectant young prophet.
The prodigal started coming toward an expectant father. We know that's true because he saw him a far off.
That means he was praying, praying is watching, that means he was expecting.
I don't know what it is that is lost to you today. I don't know what is out of sight in your life. I don't know what it is that is missing from your life.
But the Lord told me to prophesy to you and tell you, it's coming back. You've got to expect it, like the prodigal sons Father Expected.
Look for it every day, Prepare for it.
The father already had a calf being fattened for the sons homecoming.
He already had a ring ready for his finger, shoes ready for his feet, and a robe ready for his back.

When you expect something you make preparations for it.
Like the mom and dad to be, in their expectations they buy clothes, they make the nursery, they make preparations.

What are you expecting? What are you praying about?
Prayer gives you the right to expect an answer.
The axe head swim within reach of the young prophet, but he still had to reach out his hand and take it.
The hand of faith must reach out and take it.
Faith is the substance of things hope for the evidence of things not seen.
Faith has actions, one of the greatest manifestations of faith is to praise God before the manifestation of the blessing.

Anybody can praise God after the victory that's not faith.
Faith looks up walls and mountains that are still standing and says, 
I'm praising God for the walls falling.
I'm praising God for the mountains being removed.
I'm praising God for my healing, there's pain in my body but his words says by his stripes you are healed so I'm praising him for healing me.
I'm praising him for the breakthrough in my finances, I'm in a bind right now, but the Word says my God shall supply all your needs, So I'm going to praise Him.
I'm going to praise him for my prodigal coming home.
I'm going to praise him for fighting my battles.
I'm going to put out the hand of faith, I'm going to praise him like I already have it.
I praise him for a new anointing.
For restoring joy in my life.
I praise him for new doors.
I praise him for a new dream.
I'm praising for a new beginning.
I praise in because my fire is coming back.
My passion is coming back.
My desire is coming back.

It's coming back, it's on the way, Its not far away, (It's within reach now.)
I remember where I lost it, I refuse to go on without it, I don’t want an imitation, ( I want the real thing.)

Faith must reach out for it. Faith must bring it in.

I believe something is happening in the body of Christ today, I believe there is an awakening taking place.
Just Like that axe head, and like that prodigal son, the church has also sunk very low, but like the young prophet who lost his power when he lost the axe head, We lost our power.
But its coming back.

That's what I came to tell you. I came to prophesy. 
It's coming back.
The church is coming to herself. (She's waking up.) She's coming back to the father's house.
She's coming back to holiness, she's coming back to the cross and the blood, and the power of the Holy Spirit.

Somebody right now you're on the verge of your miracle. (It's within reach.)
Now is not the time to give up.
Now is not the time to start murmuring and complaining.
Now is not the time to doubt God and His promises.
Now is not the time to drop back.

NOW is the time to break out in praise, now is the time for faith to express itself.
Now is the time to put out the hand of faith and take it.
It's coming back.
Somebody needs to put your faith in action tonight, and praise God like you already have it.
Praise him like the walls of already fallen.
Praise him like your body is already healed.
Praise him like your dream has already come true.
Praise him like your prodigals have already been restored.
Praise him like your marriage is already been healed.
Praise him like you've already been promoted.
Praise him like you're already walking in a new anointing.
Praise him like you've already been delivered.
Praise him like the doctor just said, there's not a trace of cancer in your body.
Somebody said it doesn't make sense to praise him for what I can see.
You're right; it’s not sense, its faith.

Faith operates in the unseen, that's what faith does, that's how faith operates (faith reaches out into the unseen and takes hold of the promise of God and says thank you I believe it's coming back.)

No comments:

Post a Comment