Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Hypocrites in the Church

Yes....I know that there are hypocrites in the church, and yes....I know that there are people who don’t go to church who live better lives than some people who do go to church!! But don’t judge the tree by a few bad apples! ********************************************************************* Here's a story about a preacher who visited a farmer to invite him to church. The farmer said, "Well, I’m never coming to your church, Preacher." The preacher said, "Why not?" * The farmer said, "Because I know some of the members of your church & I live a lot better than they do." Sometime later, the preacher bought a pig from the farmer. He said, "I want you to sell me the smallest, ugliest, sickliest pig that you’ve got." Well, the farmer, amazed, gave him exactly what he asked for. After he paid for it, he said to the farmer, "I’m going to take this sick, small, ugly pig to everybody in the community and tell them that I bought it from you." The farmer said, "Now Preacher, that’s not fair, I’ve got a lot of hogs that are nicer and bigger and fatter than that hog." The preacher said, "Buddy, if it’s fair for the church, it’s fair for the hogs!"

No comments:

Post a Comment