Saturday, December 28, 2013

"GOD'S GOT YOUR BACK!"

"GOD'S GOT YOUR BACK!"

Isaiah 59:19 So shall they fear

The name of the Lord from the west,

And His glory from the rising of the sun;

When the enemy comes in like a flood,

The Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him.

20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion,

And to those who turn from transgression in Jacob,”

Says the Lord.

21 “As for Me,” says the Lord, “this is My covenant with them: My Spirit who is upon you, and My words which I have put in your mouth, shall not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your descendants, nor from the mouth of your descendants’ descendants,” says the Lord, “from this time and forevermore.”



I’ve got a message for those of you who have ever found yourself in the midst of trouble… I’ve got a message for those of you who have found yourself in the midst of problems… In the midst of circumstances… I’ve got a message for those of you who have ever found yourself all alone with no help (examples)… I believe that includes just about everybody in here…! Don’t you fool yourself and think that just because you’re Saved, Sanctified, and Filled with the Holy Ghost that it exempts you from being involved in troubled times… Don’t think that it exempts you from difficult dilemmas and messed up moments… Just because you’re moving and operating in His Will doesn’t mean that the enemy will never send some trouble your way…! For even Job declares “Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble (Job 14:1)…” But isn’t it good to know that when trouble comes… Isn’t it good to know that when hell and havoc comes your way…? Isn’t it good to know that “When the enemy… Comes in like a flood, the Spirit… of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him…?” Tell somebody, “God’s Got Your Back…!”



I’m reminded of when the Children of Israel had come to what seemed like the end of their journey on the banks of Jordan, Moses told them to go on ahead… They began to wonder what would happen to them next, and the Lord said tell them… “Be strong and of a good courage do not fear, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you; He will not fail you, nor forsake you… (Deut 31:6) In other words He’s saying, “I Got Your Back…!”



That’s why He told us in James 1:2-3, “My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing that the trying of your faith produces patience…” (v12) “Blessed is the man that endures temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord has promised to them that love him…” In other words, the Lord was saying, “I Got Your Back…!”



Then the Lord tells us in 1 Peter 4:12-14, “Do not think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. If you suffer for the name of Christ, blessed are you…!” In other words, the Lord was saying, “I Got Your Back…!”

When life presents itself with ever-changing variables, we’ve got to realize that we serve a God who is stationary in His Godness… He is the unmoved Mover…! For He told Jehoshaphat in 2 Chron. 20:17 “You shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD….” In other words, the Lord was saying, “I Got Your Back…!”

So many times we look all over for other folks to have our back, but during my journey in this Christian way, I’ve discovered some things about folks… I’ve discovered some disheartening and discouraging news about people… I’ve discovered that folks will fade away when the fire gets too hot… I’ve discovered that family and friends will forsake you when times get hard…. But I heard the Lord say; “I will never leave you, nor forsake you… (Hebrews 13:5)” It’s good to know that “GOD’S GOT YOUR BACK…!”



In our text that we find three clues that assure us the security of knowing that God’s Got Our Back…!



I. SANCTIONED SPIRIT TO LIFT UP A STANDARD



(v19) If you know anything about floods..When they come, no matter how many sandbags you put up, or how big of a dam you have...Water has a way of getting over, through, or around it… And when the water does make its way past the sandbags… Over the walls of the dam…



It has a way of engulfing any and anything in its path… It has a way of overtaking and overwhelming everything within its reach…! And such is the case with enemy in our lives today… For I’ve come to the startling and stunning realization that no matter many sandbags you put up… No matter how big of a dam you have… The enemy (just like flood waters) has a way of getting over, through, or around them… He has a way of infiltrating and penetrating right through to the very fabric of our lives and reeking havoc… But our text here says… “The Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard…”



Let me suggest to you this morning that we can’t get wrapped up in what the enemy is doing to us… Just know that God’s Got Your Back…! He has sanctioned… He has approved… He has authorized… He has allowed… The Spirit to come to our rescue and lift up a standard… He has authorized a means of support on our behalf…! He has authorized the Spirit… The Comforter… To bear us up in times of weakness…



(Rom 8:26) “Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses...” As the Spirit lifts up this standard, It is in actuality, lifting up the very Excellence and Authority of God… And because we are partakers of His Spirit, we have a right to walk in His Excellence and His Authority…! And because we have that right… It doesn’t matter what the enemy tries to do to you… You can rest assured that God’s Got Your Back…! Why? Because He’s put up the standard…! He’s put up the very Excellence and Authority of God…!



Likewise, He has given the Spirit the authority to operate on our behalf… The Holy Spirit is our Paraclete… Our Attorney… Our Defense… So every time the enemy tries to come against you, know that because of the Spirit’s intervention, he won’t be able to touch you… Because when the enemy chooses to come at you with his fiery darts of doubt, disbelief, and disappointment… The Paraclete raises up in your defense…!



So every time the enemy comes your way in an effort to overthrow you… The Lord, by way of the Spirit jumps up and says, “I Got Your Back…!” Every time the enemy tries to remind of past failures … The Lord says, “I Got Your Back…!” Every time the enemy tries to remind you of past hurts … The Lord says, “I Got Your Back…!”

Every time the enemy tries to remind of past heartaches… The Lord, says, “I Got Your Back…!” Because He has Sanctioned The Sprit To Lift Up A Standard (v 19) Anothing reason you know that GOD’S GOT YOUR BACK, is because He’s…!





II. REINFORCED US W/ THE REDEEMER



(v20) Not only has God Sanctioned the Spirit to Lift Up a Standard… But likewise He has added to our strength by Reinforcing us with the Redeemer…!



God has fortified our position by sending His Only Begotten Son, Jesus as our Redeemer…! The truth of the matter is that He has come not only to redeem us from sin but also from the hand of the enemy…! The word redeemer comes from the Greek word ga’al (gaw-al’)… It is the primitive root of redeem (according to the law of kinship). Used in the context of an avenger, deliverer, purchaser, revenger, or one who ransoms… Therefore that fact is evident that God’s got our back because He has allowed Jesus, The Redeemer… To pay the price at Calvary in order that we might be redeemed…!



It’s good to know that we’ve got a Loving Redeemer… One who was willing to stand in our place… For it’s because of Christ’s redemptive work that we have a right to eternal life…! I don’t know about you, but I’m glad that He took my place…! I’m glad that He hung, bled, and died for a filthy old wretch like me… Not only has He died for my sins, and paid the ransom for me, but my Bible lets me know that one day He’s coming back…To redeem me…!

(The text says…) Notice who He’s coming for… He’s coming back for those that have turned from their transgressions… Those who have turned to Holy Living…! Those who have turned from their sin… (2 Chron. 7:14) He’s coming for His people… “Who are His people?”



(1 Peter 2:9) “Chosen Generation… Royal Priesthood… Holy Nation… Peculiar People… People who are to proclaim the praises of the One who has called us out of darkness into His marvelous light…” Don’t expect God to have your back, and you’re not doing His Will… Don’t expect God to bail you out and you’re doing your own thing…! For I’ve found out that if you’re standing on God’s Word and standing in God’s Will…You won’t have to worry about the enemy… If you’re in His Word and His Will, every time Satan tries to come your way, you’ll find out that God’s Got Your Back…! And the good thing about is that He won’t call up the Armed Forces… He won’t activate the National Guard… For He’ll just simply allow the Redeemer… His Son Jesus Christ… To step in right on time… And as you stand on His Word and His Will… He’ll reinforce you…!



When the enemy puts anger in your spirit… The Redeemer will reinforce you… With some Kindness… When the enemy puts discord in your spirit… The Redeemer will reinforce you… With some Peace… When the enemy puts hatred in your spirit… The Redeemer will reinforce you… With some Love… For Jesus… The Reinforcer of Righteousness… Reinforces us with His Power… It doesn’t matter what things look like… When the enemy comes, remember what Paul said, “All things work together for the good of them who love the Lord… And are called according to His purpose…!” He’s Sanctioned The Spirit To Lift up A Standard... He’s Reinforced you with the Redeemer…! But most of all, He’s...





III. COVERED IN US HIS COVENANT



(v21) The final point of our text assures us to the fact that indeed God’s got our back because He has covered us… sheltered us… And secured us in His Covenant…! (text)…



As I continued to look further into what the Lord was saying, I discovered that this verse was the preamble… the preface… the forerunner of what was to come… It was the initial indication and assurance of the fact that indeed God’s got our back…! Verse 21 is the reaffirming of the covenant that was given to the forefathers before the coming of the Redeemer…! But now that the Redeemer has come…! (Now that Jesus Christ has come…!) Now that He has already come into a sin-sick world…. And redeemed us… Hebrews 8:10 is the confirmation that lets us know that now we are covered under a New Covenant…! (He makes it personal…) “For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days… I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts… And I will be their God, and they shall be My people…” (See if I got this straight…) If He is my God… And I am His child… Then I know that He’s got my back…! I know that He’s got me Covered…!



For Psalms 91:1-4 tells me (make it personal)… “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. (I will say of the Lord,) He is my refuge and my fortress… (He is) My God, (and) in Him will I trust. Surely He shall deliver me from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence. He shall cover me with His feathers, and under His wings I shall take refuge; His truth shall be my shield and buckler…” Tell somebody, “God’s Got Your Back…!” How do you know…? Because He’s Covered You In His Covenant…! (Title) What do you mean…? God’s got you wrapped up, tied up, and tangled up in Jesus…!



I don’t know about you, but I’m so glad that I’m covered… I’m glad that God’s Got Me Covered…



Covered In His Goodness:

(David said in Psalms 23:4-6)



Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for You are with me…

Your rod and Your staff they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever…” Tell somebody, “God’s Got Your Back…!”



I’m so glad that God’s Got Me Covered…



Covered In His Strength:

(King Hezekiah said in Psalms 46:1-3)



God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof…”



I’m so glad that God’s Got Me Covered…



Covered In His Blood:

(Paul said in Romans 5:8-11)



But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, now having been justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation…” Tell somebody, “God’s Got Your Back…!”



I don’t care what you’re going through… If family turns their back on you… When friends forsake you… Just know that…



Though the storms keep on raging in my life,

And sometimes it’s hard to tell the night from day…

Still the hope that lies within is reassured,

As I keep my eye upon the distant shore…

I know He’ll lead me to the blessed place He has prepared… But if the storms don’t cease…

And if the winds keep on blowing in my life…

My soul is anchored in the Lord…!”

Because… “My Hope Is Built…”




No comments:

Post a Comment