Saturday, December 28, 2013

MY HURT

I've been hurt and it sometimes can be very hard to deal with and to get over.
No one deserves their lives to be abused (physically, mentally, emotionally nor sexually) and being used for another persons pleasure and self gain.

Some have been hurt by an abusive spouse either physically, sexually but more often mentally and emotionally.
I was hurt mentally and emotionally from the lies, mistreatment and cheating. I was hurt like I've never been hurt before.
I've had the wind taken from my sails. There are times because of the hurt and disappointment that I just want to bail out on this thing call life and just watch it pass by.
I also believe that everyone has had an area in their life that has been hurt, cracked or bruised.
That's because we are human! Abraham was like that, Moses was like that and so was Elijah, David, Simon Peter and all the Apostles.
If you're confused, broken or hurting it's alright to be honest with God and admit it. It's ok to say, God, things are out of control. I've been hurt and still hurting. I've been slandered and betrayed. Or, I've just blown it.
Dad, it's alright that you're not Superman! Mom, it's alright that you're not Wonder Woman! The good news is, there's more than a Superman available to help me. There is a Supernatural man available to help me. And His grace, power and ability to restore your life are greater than my weaknesses and failures!
Paul said in 2 Corinthians that there would be times we would be overwhelmed, crushed, and almost snuffed out. But if you remain Faithful during the hurting times, the times of trouble you'll be able to minister to the needs of others.

You can't relate to hurting people if you've never been touched by adversity. That's why Jesus suffered. He suffered so He could fully identify with our shortcomings.
Hebrews 2:17-18
For this reason he had to be like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God........18...Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.
Jesus, our example, led the way. And He wants us sympathetic to the need and pain of others. The last thing we should do is display a better than thou spirit toward those that aren't on top or snub people that are discouraged and confused. We are here to show mercy and compassion.
If you want Gods mercy in your times of brokenness and hurt? Show mercy to those that are hurt.
Maybe some of you can't even admit you that you want your place back in the Kingdom----you're without any desire to participate. But you know Romans 11:29 says," God's gifts and his call are irrevocable" ....it's time to re-enter the Kingdom.
Maybe you haven't been the perfect dad or mom...You can start over today.
If you've been offended, it's time to let it go!
If you self destructed years ago, it's time to let God reassemble you.
If the burden of life broke you there's life after brokenness.
If you were crushed by tragedy it's time for God's healing.
"Behold, My Servant, whom I uphold, My chosen one in whom My soul delights......A bruised reed He will not break, and a dimly burning wick He will nit extinguish."
He'll cast none aside!!

No comments:

Post a Comment