Monday, December 23, 2013

"Today I had the Privilege!"

This took place June 30th,2010
This morning i had the privilege to hear a man say, I LOVE YOU JESUS!(not wanting to sound morbid)but as he passed away.
Five years ago i was introduced to a man that cursed Jesus and anyone that had anything to do with Him. Many times later i would see him and everytime i would say God Bless,Jesus loves you and walk on, but one day he stopped me. He asked why do you say God Bless,Jesus loves you when i walk by? You know how i feel about that junk. I told him that Jesus still loves him and thats why he died on the cross. Well, one question turned into another and another and before long i was giving brief Bible studie 2-3 times a week as we would pass by each other, until, one day he asked about a church close to his home that he could walked to because he didn't have a car. He began going to that Church and a couple weeks later i ran into him and i noticed he was changed, there was a glow as he walked toward me. I reached out my hand to shake but he broke through the hand shake and embraced me with a hug i thought was going to take my breath away. He began to tell me how one night as he was sitting in the church and he felt something wet on his cheek,it was a tear,he said he hadn't cried in years. A few minutes later i found myself walking down to the altar and sounding like a baby wanting a bottle. The Pastor and several men came over to pray with me and a few minutes later after asking Jesus, through my crying , forgive me, please forgive me!
Suddenly i began to feel myself trembling and then i started speaking a language i never heard of then afterwards i was baptized in the name of Jesus! This man began to teach Sunday School about a year later and was giving 5 bible studies a week. I found out about a year ago he was ate up with cancer, at that time the Doctor gave him 3-4 months to live. During this time he continued to teach Sunday School and give the Bible studies weekly through his pain and suffering. The Pastor told him that everyone would understand if he no longer did these things because they knew how much pain he was in. He stopped the Pastor from speaking, PAIN ? PAIN? This is nothing compared to what Jesus went through for me! I am going to do this till my strength is gone.
I got a call abut 3am this morning from his Pastor, saying, he was in his last moments and he had scribbled my name on a napkin so he felt he needed to call me. I got to the Hospital and walked to the bedside to see a man that was definately on his way out to eternity. My hand was on the bedrail and with every bit of strength he had he grabbed my hand and mumbled something that i could not understand. He then made a slight gesture to bring my attention to his face, a tear was on his Cheek and he smiled and whispered softly Thank You! Of course the tears began to run down my cheek and he nudged his head a little as to say NO! and a BIG smile appeared, he was saying don't cry be happy for me. A few moments later he squezzed my hand tighter, and the man that used to curse JESUS, Whispered as loudly as he could, I LOVE YOU JESUS! and went into eternity to hear Well Done
Thank you for takiing time to read this, I hope it is a blessing to you and a reminder that no matter the person or how bad the person, JESUS STILL LOVES THEM!
Don't tell someone Jesus loves them till you are ready to love them also.

No comments:

Post a Comment